There are 300 reasons that I suggest you paint a plain, boring ceramic pot and 2000 ways to do it. In this article, I share with you an easy wayto decorate with pastel geometric shapes one or two small ceramic pots.
You should try this because…
- Painting is relaxing
- You had those plain pots lying around and you wanted to give them some flavor
- You always want to add your signature as an artist to everything within a miles radius
- it’s a great gift idea
- You don’t really need a reason. Just for the hell of it! There are no “whys” in crafts!
I painted the 2 ceramic pots shown in the pictures of this article, with pastel colors that I created by making the right color combinations. The inspiration for the first pot was Henri Matisse’s use of geometric shapes and for the second pot, I was inspired by some cuteillustrations created by my friend Coco.
I used :
- 2 ceramic pots that I got from pottery in my municipality
- Eco-Friendly Acrylic Paint
- A pencil
- A cloth for the brushed to on after rinsing
- A jar of water
- Paper tape
How I painted the ceramic pots :
- Using a pencil, I drew random curved shapes in the pots.
- With a thin brush, I drew the outline for all the shapes. I left some shapes as an outline and painted the rest. I chose to use pastel shades and to make the desired colors, I mixed white with yellow, red, green and light blue.
- In one pot, I decided to paint the rim. I covered the protruding part with paper tape and I got paintin’! Before the spot dries, I carefully removed the paper tape.
See? Not so hard! It’s so easy to decorate any plain flower pot you have in your house. Besides the joy of creation, you will have a unique item that you made yourself!
So what do you think? Will you try it?
See you soon,