After the avocado-and-turmeric-bread, I have another favorite breakfast! I especially enjoy it in during spring time! And it’s a strawberry smoothie bowl of course!
What is a smoothie bowl?
Smoothie bowls consist of a mixture a little thicker than a smoothie, that we treat like cream! Just pour the mixture in a bowl, add various cereals and nuts and you’re ready! It’s super delicious and incredibly invigorating too!
The backstory :
Smoothie bowls are a fairly common breakfast abroad!
I tried it a bit by accident. A few years ago, I made a strawberry and banana smoothie that turned out thicker than I would have liked! So I improvised (once again) and added my cereal on top! It was delicious and I was eating it every day even though the peopole around me told me that this “thing” looked disgusting! After a while, I visited my friend Christina in Amsterdam and saw that this strange breakfast I was eating is called a “smoothie bowl” and it’s actually a super cool breakfast in Europe!
Basic rules for a smoothie bowl :
- You need a thick fruit cream
- You need cereal
- You need nuts
- You need a beautiful natural color
- All ingredients should be placed on the plate in a compulsive manner.
You will need :
For the fruit cream :
- 1 banana
- 5 strawberries
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 70 gr. of oat milk
- 1 tsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp oat bran
For garnish :
- 1 tbsp sugar-free cereals
- 1 cup of zea flakes
- 1 tbsp of raw unsalted and chopped almonds
- 4 strawberries cut into slices
- Raisins or whatever nuts you want
- In a good blender, mix all the ingredients for the fruit cream
- In a bowl, add 1 tbsp of cereal
- On top, pour the strawberry and bana smoothie cream that you mixed in the blender
- Garnish with zea flakes, strawberries, almonds or whatever else you wish!
Aaaand… You’re done!
So what do you think? Will you try it?
* I procured all the ingredients, except the fruit, from the store of the Hasiotisfamily in Maroussi *
See you soon,