How cool am I that I drunk fruit infused water at my birthday party?
I don’t know if you’re familiar with the concept of infused water, but I surely love it. In this article, my version is infused with lemon, cucumber, spearmint and fresh ginger but there are countless ways to make your water more delicious!
The concept :
In a jug, pour water and add various fruits, herbs or spices. Store the jug in the fridge so you can drink flavored water. You can serve this water instead of regular water, and you can take it with you to your office, school, chores or walks.
Why you should try this :
Because it’s a delicious and fun way to drink more water, now that it’s summertime. By adding your favorite flavors in water (eg lemon or strawberry), you can make your drinking experience more interesting. The more water you drink, the better you hydrate your body. The more hydrated your body is, the more energy and healthy skin you have.
Need another reason to try this? Sure! Water infused with fruits, vegetables and herbs, is nutritious and super detoxifying to your body.
This time, I added thin slices of cucumber, ginger in large pieces, slices of lemon and spearmint leaves from my terrace to my water.
This is how you can do it too! Instructions :
- Fill a 1 liter jug with water
- Cut 5 pieces of fresh ginger. You can peel them or just wash them
- Cut a whole lemon into slices or pieces after first rinsing it well
- Cut spearmint leaves from your garden and rinse them well
- Add all the ingredients to the water and you store the jug in the fridge
- After 4-5 hours your refreshingly cold water will be ready!
The options for this recipe are endless, so here’s a list of my favorites!
Flavored water: The options
- With cucumber, lemon, fresh ginger and spearmint
- With Ceylon cinnamon stick, fresh ginger and orange
- With lime and spearmint
- With fresh turmeric, fresh ginger and a little bit of honey
- With grapefruit and a little bit of honey
- With pineapple and mint leaves
- With strawberries and spearmint leaves
So, what do you think? Will you try it?
I used thesebiodegradable straws!
See you soon,