It’s been 2 years since I started this blog and I still haven’t shared with you my trusty recipe for my favorite hot drink! Shame on me.
In this article, I’m going to share with you the recipe for a hot drink that’s dear to my heart : turmeric latte or golden milk. It is a delicious, nutritious and super antioxidant drink that I enjoy when the temperature drops. And in the summer months, I switch to my tried and true ICED turmeric latte.
Here’s the recipe!
The secret to a perfect hot turmeric beverage is love. Yes, I said it. In the recipe below, I will be sharing the essential ingredients, but be sure to treat them with love, otherwise the drink won’t turn out as good.
The 5 turmeric benefits :
- Soothing for the digestive system
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Turmeric is well-known for its divine properties (prevention of cancer cell growth, boosts the immune system, anti-inflammatory)
- Delicious and the perfect drink to warm your soul
When to drink it?
In the morning along with your breakfast or brunch. The perfect way to start the day with calm!
In the afternoon, after a looong tension-ridden day. The perfect way to slow down, stop multitasking and take pleasure in golden milk’s serene warmth.
- Any sort of nut milk. I prefer oat milk for its light taste!
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon of agave syrup or coconut sugar
- Serve with freshly ground pepper! * Turmeric is better absorbed when consumed with pepper.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add all the rest of the ingredients except for the pepper. Mix well!
- Stir while the mixture is cooking over high heat until it’s hot.
- Caution! Don’t bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk forms a thin layer of fluffy cream, the drink is ready!
- Serve in a cup and add the pepper.
- Enjoy with a cat on your lap and a heartwarming movie!
See you soon,