Today I bring you the most delicious recipe for homemade crunchy granola (no sugar!) that will change your life! At least that’s what happened to me. I found the original recipe in deliciously ella’s app and I swear that it’s the best granola I’ve tried yet.
My search for the granola that will make me look forward to breakfast and sneak into the kitchen to snack on “just a little more” the rest of the day, started a long time ago and by no means was it an easy task.
My quest started on the market, where my trials were deemed unsuccessful, despite the great variety of granolas I encountered. There was always something missing! Maybe it’s me and the fact that I prefer biscuity and crunchy granola, made with quality and nutritious ingredients. Long story short, wherever I looked, nothing!
So I decided to start experimenting at home. And when I say experimentating, I mean it. After hundreds of Google searches, a higher power took pity on me and revealed ella’s recipe. HALLELUJAH!
In this article I will share with you the conversions I made in the original recipe and I promise that if you try it, you won’t look back again! Shall we?
Ingredients for 2 jars of homemade granola :
- 80 gr. organic, cold pressed coconut oil
- 160 gr. Maple syrup
- 50 ml. Orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 308 gr. oats (you can use gluten-free oats)
- 110 gr. pumpkin seeds
- 90 gr. almonds fillet
- 70 gr. sugar free whole grain cornflakes
- 70 gr. sunflower seeds
- Ceylon cinammon
* Note: I buy all nuts and seeds from the store “Hasiotis” in Maroussi (not sponsored)!
- Preheat the oven to 140 ° C with air up and down.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil and maple syrup and heat until well blended.
- In a large bowl add all the solid ingredients (oats, almonds, orange zest, pumpkin seeds, corn flakes, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon)
- Once the mixture is ready in the saucepan, remove from the heat and add the orange juice.
- Mix well and add to the mixture with the solid ingredients.
- Mix very well so that the mixture with the syrup and the juice moisturizes all the other ingredients.
- In a pan, place some parchment paper and spread the whole mixture.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- CAUTION! The trick for a crispy granola is to stir every 5 minutes.
- Grab a chair, place it in front of the oven and get ready to mix every 5 minutes.
- If you really want the granola to be crispy, you must not skip the step of stirring every 5 minutes, no matter how tedious it is.
- If you decide to make half the dose, bake for less than an hour. In any case, the granola is ready when golden.
- The granola can be stored for at least 2 weeks in an airtight jar, out of the refrigerator.
So, what do you think? Will you try to make the most delicious granola of the galaxy?
If you want to find other recipes, I highly recommend the deliciously ella app.
I will be very happy to read your thoughts in the comments!
See you soon,