On the day of the annual Christmas cocooning that me and my friends have, while sipping on our melomakarono beverage (a traditional Greek honey flavoured dessert but made into a drink), we also made a pillow using eco colors. All we needed was a white pillowcase, a potato and my trusted non-toxic Fusion colors (I swear by them!) and… we got started on printing! Before that, we taught ourselves the iconic Mean Girls Jingle Bell Rock choreography. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that, but it’s the truth, OKAY??
Sidenote: The day I discovered that potatoes and apples can be used as stamps, I was flabbergasted. This extravagant life hack is super easy, fun and a great way for the tiny creatures of our lives to play.
You will need :
- A white pillow case and a pillow
- A potato
- A knife
- A cookie cutterin whatever shape you want (it’s important that it is smaller than the potato)
- Aluminium foil
- Ecological Fusion colors
- A brush
- Hand knitting yarn
- A pom-pom construction accessory
- Take the potato and the cookie cutter.
- Hold the potato and firmly press the cookie cutter into it.
- Cut the potato horizontally around the cutter using the knife.
- Remove the cut pieces.
- Carefully remove the cookie cutter.
- Carefully cut the top of the remaining shape, making sure to cut it horizontally as seen in the picture.
- Preparing the pillowcase: Iron well, and put foil inside to prevent the color from printing to the other side of the pillow.
- On a piece of foil, apply a thin layer of ecological paint using the brush
- Press the potato onto the color
- Start making little prints on your pillow
- If you want, you can sew cute pom-poms in the corners of the pillowcase.
I hope you liked this quick idea and used it for your Christmas decorations!
See you soon,