Isn’t it wonderful when we can give a cute note to a simple boring garment, accessory or object? I love finding old clothes or objects and decorating them in different ways. That’s what I did with a simple old sweater : I decorated it with knitting yarn at the neckline and on the sleeves. And it came out perfect!
The backstory :
On one of my walks in the city, I stumbled upon a super cute sweater that had sewn thread around the neckline and sleeves. I loved it right away. I showed it to Machi, Spyros’ mom, and she said to me “Why don’t you do it yourself with one of your old sweaters?” And then I realized that really, I could do it myself.
I found an old beige sweater and one of my knitting yarns and improvised. I visualized how the thread could be sewn and started decorating the sweater. The result was lovely and it’s really easy for you to do it too. So here I am, sharing how.
You will need :
- A monochrome (or not) sweater
- Knitting yarn or coarse thread, depending on how thick you want the color to be
- A needle suitable for the thickness of the thread you chose
- A pair of scissors
- Thread the needle.
- Calculate the height you want your creation to have and thread the needle as in picture # 1.
- Pass the next needle as in picture # 2, at the same height to the previous one.
- Pass the needle in the loop that has been created, as in picture # 3.
- Continue with the same pattern all over the neckline and the sleeves.
It’s that simple! Choose your favorite colors and a sweater or blouse that you are bored of and start needlin’!
So, what do you think? Will you try it?
See you soon,