Headbands and retro hair clips are making a comebank and I’m so happy! You may have noticed that, I’m a huge fan of retro and somewhat childish details in accessories and clothing.
After hair clips, it’s now time for headbands. Today I will be sharing with you this -very easy- way to decorate an old boring headband with just some inches of gorgeous floral fabric.
In the process of DYIng headbands I experimented a bunch with different textures, fabrics and styles. Let’s start with this, since it’s the easiest! Once we perfect this technique, we will go to the next level. What do you think?
This headband will be finished and ready to wear in no time, so don’t hesitate!
You will need :
- Floral fabric (1.05 meters long and 15 cm wide)
- A pair of scissors
- A plain headband
- Silicone glue
- Once you make sure that the fabric is the right size, tie a loose knot in the center of the headband. Include the headband in the tie too, as seen in the picture and make sure that the knot is centered. Add a few drops of silicone glue underneath the knot to secure.
- Start to wrap the fabric with circular diagonal movements as in the pictures below.
- Wrap until there’s no fabric left. Once you reach the end of one side, cut off any excess fabric and secure with silicone glue.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Your headband is ready! And gorgeous!
So what do you think? Will you try to make this easy and oh-so-cute spring craft?
See you soon,