A boring and somewhat awkward box has been transformed into a lovely and handy storage box.
As a Greek blog, in some cases, English titles are more suitable. Like this construction. It’s clearly a “makeover”.
The backstory :
This backstory is short. Lately, (i.e the last two years!) I’ve been trying to find the best way to organize the materials for my constructions. I found these beautiful bamboo boxes in a store by chance, and they were very cheap.
I didn’t like the handle and when I got home I realized that apart from it being shoddy, it was also very uncomfortable. Each time I grabbed it to open the box, the rubber band was pulled, but the box didn’t open. That’s why I decided to change the handle, replacing this cheap rubber band, with a beautiful wooden knob. In the market, I found exactly the size and shape I wanted.
And this is a perfect idea for such items. By just changing a small detail, we can upgrade a cheap item to a beautiful functional or decorative item.
To make these boxes I used :
- Bamboo boxes
- Round wooden knobs
- Screws for knobs 3 cm high.
- A drill
- A screwdriver
- A pair of scissors
- I cut the rubber band of the box I bought using scissors.
- Knobs are usually sold with their screws. But in this case, I noticed that the screw sold with the knob was way longer in relation to the thickness of the lid of the box. There are two ways to fix this : If you own a saw, cut the screw to the desired height. If you don’t, like me, then you need screws of the same thickness, with a height of 3 cm.
- The lid of the box had a very small hole in relation to the screw of the knob, so I had to drill a bigger one at the same point.
- After drilling the hole, I placed the wooden knob and screwed it well with a screwdriver.
Aaaand… You’re done!
Next time you see a relatively beautiful object but a small detail just isn’t doing it for you…think about this article! Maybe you can change it?
See you soon,