When I found out I could print my own pictures on fabric, I was thrilled! I started experimenting and tried a bunch of creations. The creation I enjoyed the most was embroidering on a picture. So in this article, I will be sharing just that : how to embroider on a picture.
With this idea, you can create unique decorations for your house or a thoughtful gift for a loved one.
If you are wondering how you can print your own image on fabric, this article is for you.
You can print anything you can imagine : Your favorite artist, a landscape or a cat – I don’t know, I’m just saying!
For this construction, I used David Bowie. After creating our own print, we are ready to start embroidering!
You will need :
- A fabric printed with the image of your choice
- A hoop frame the size of the print
- 3 mouline threads. I used light blue, pink and yellow.
- A needle
- A pair of scissors
- The first thing you need to do is put the fabric in the hoop frame. After that, cut any excess fabric.
- Pick a color you want to start with. I started with little blue, and embroidered lines from the body of the figure outwards. Essentially, the secret is creating simple lines with equal distances.
- Once you are done with blue, move on to the next color. Following the same process, continue with pink.
- Lastly, complete the lines around the figure with the yellow.
- If you like the result, you can leave the embroidery as is. I also, added a star in Bowie’s eye.
The embroidered image is ready!
What do you think? Will you try it?