After learning how to dry flowers, let’s see what we can do with them! In this article, previously shared on A Shiny Day, I share my secrets on how you can decorate a wall of your house with framed dried flowers.
Spring is here, as colorful as always, and I look forward to sharing with you all the wonderful ideas I have prepared for a spring full of flowers. Full of crafts that showcase and praise nature.
For this easy craft, you will need :
- Double glass metal frames. These frames are quite hard to find especially in Greece. However I found these that are sustainable and were made under good conditions.
- Dried flowers, glue, tweezers (optional).
- Open the double glass frame.
- Make sure that there’s no dust and carefully hold the frame to avoid fingermarks.
- Using the tweezers, take the plant or flower you want to frame and place it wherever you like.
- Using the tweezers, slightly lift a part of the plant and apply a small amount of glue underneath. Caution! The glue must be minimal in order to not be visible through the glass and to avoid causing any changes in the color of the flower due to its toxicity.
- Wait five minutes until the glue dries well and shut the frame.
- Aaaand… You’re done!
I personally keep the dried flowers in improvised rice paper envelopes! 😉
So what do you think? Will you try it?
See you soon,